Why Young Living
Before I really started looking into this, I had no idea what the differences in essential oils were. I now know that there are huge differences. Like a fine wine and Boons Farm (I used to love that stuff. Pre missionary life..)
You do not want to get your oils at a health food store or from a company that does not claim therapeutic grade oils. (Even then, be careful!) You would think this would be the way to go, but most of those have added perfumes and chemicals in them. They are not safe to take internally and can cause many allergic reactions. Shocking. I know.
If you want to use these for health and the well being of your family, you need Young Living oils or one of the other few companies out there that use 100% therapeutic grade oils.
I'm Just Not Sure!
I get it. I totally do. If someone had not gifted it to me, I never would have started down this path. Praise the Lord that they did! But, there is a good chance, no one is going to give you yours so you will just have to trust. I mean, I was a missionary...
Here Is Exactly How You Get Your Oils.
You can purchase Young Living therapeutic-grade oils in one of two ways:
As a Wholesale Member. YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY A MEMBERSHIP FEE! Wholesale Members get a sweet 24% discount on each and every product, and again, you do not have to pay a membership fee. It is a one time purchase of your Premium Starter Kit. You never have to purchase again if you don't want to. You are not on the hook for anything. (I personally think Young Living should change their wording, but they didn't ask me)
or as a Retail Customer. Retail Customers do not get the discount, but you also have the option of only purchasing one or two items instead of a kit. (The kit is the shiz though.)
Let's Get This Party Started
1. Click over to the sign-up page.
2. Scroll down and select your country and language.
3. The “Enroller ID” and “Sponsor ID” boxes should already be filled in for you. (You are welcome)
4. Fill in your name, billing address, shipping address, and contact info. (The reason you are asked to list your social security number is for tax purposes. If you make over $600/year selling Young Living products, you will receive a 1099 form in the mail, as is required by law. Young Living will never share this info with anyone. It is a 20 year old company that is legit. If you don't sell anything, they never have to send you a 1099. Easy peasy.)
5. Create your password and pin which you will use to log in to your account and order your oils in the future.
6. Select which kit you want. This is where you can specify which starter kit you would like. (You know I think the Premium Starter Kit is the only way to do it. The other kits just don't make sense for the money you are spending). You must sign up with one of these kits to become a Wholesale Member.
7. Set up your *optional* Essential Rewards Program. Unless one of these kits just looks awesome to you, click the box that says, “No, thank you. I plan on enrolling in the Essential Rewards Program later” (You never have to enroll in Essential Rewards although It is just a great way to earn points towards free oils.
8. Agree to Terms & Conditions (Just like you would on Amazon or some other place you buy stuff.)
9. Confirm your order silly gooses!
10. GO! Go order! Now. Do it! Click HERE
11. Your name and info will show up in my downline. I will be alerted by Young Living that you signed up, and I will then get in contact with you to send you whatever the award of the month is for signing up!
I'm Still Not Sure About All Of This!
I get it. Ok, so let's talk about some of your reservations.
Reader: Well, I'm afraid that if I order this kit, you are going to be super annoying and are going to email me a lot.
Ew. I definitely won't unless you have questions. I have a life. I don't want to email you unless you want to hear from me.
Reader: It's kind of expensive!
I know! You can find cheaper oils. However, those cheaper oils have additives and properties in them that are dangerous for your family to use. You could go with the cheaper stuff, but you would not be bettering your family at all. They are basically pointless because they aren't legit. Also, we haven't had to go to the doctor because of these oils. They get us well enough, quick enough, so that we don't need to pay a co pay! Holla!
Reader: If I sign up as a "member" am I somehow tied to this crazy pyramid scheme?
Um no. You can order this kit, and never order anything again. You are not tied to anything. If you don't like your oils, don't order again. Basically all a membership means is that you ordered the Premium Starter kit. That is why I wish they would change their wording.
Reader: Am I going to have to become annoying like you and sell this stuff?
Definitely not. The only reason I started being annoying was because I was in Guatemala in the middle of nowhere and was bored. However, now that I have, I am grateful. I am making it rain! Anyways, you don't ever have to sell anything. You can if you want, but no need to!
Reader: I do not want to give them my social.
I totes get that too. However, if you were signing up for a job, you would have to give your social. Now, I realize that you are not signing up for a job, but a ton of people that sign up for this kit end up selling these oils. If you make more than $600 from a company, they have to have your social for tax purposes. So, they get your social in case you sell. I know that stinks, but I can PROMISE that your social is safe. This is a legit company that has been around for 20 years. Plus, they could not handle the bad publicity if any of their customer's information leaked. They would be screwed.
Reader: It's soo expensive!!!
With this kit, you get a diffuser along with your oils. You will not have to buy candles anymore. The diffuser makes your house smell amazing based on whatever oils you put in it. Also, these oils will keep you away from the doctor. Because of the stupid FDA I can't tell you all that the oils can do, but I promise, think about many common illnesses and then think about not going to the doctor for them.
Reader: You convinced me. Thank you so much for this opportunity Sarah! You are amazing and perfect in every way, and I LOVE that I can glean all kinds of great information from your blog! You are brilliant!!
Thank you:). I know. It's true.